Discover The Super-foods For Your Health And Live Disease Free
There are many types of super foods available for purchase that can better your health. Whatever vitamin or mineral you are in need of or health problem you wish to prevent, there is a food out there that will fit the bill.
The following are a small sampling of some of the best super foods that will not only maintain your good health, but also prevent future health problems. Did you know that these superfoods for your health, if eaten on a regular basis, will do wonders for your health. If you’re reading this then you already have some knowledge of how important good nutrition is.
I’m a big advocate of “you are what you eat.” Meaning, what you put in your body largely determines what you look like on the outside. And if you make a serious effort to improve your eating habits, you will notice a positive change in how you look and feel.
There are 16 foods that you should be eating on a regular basis. All have their own unique health benefits and if you mold your diet around the majority of these foods, you’ll notice an improvement in your health.
The list is as follows:
1. Almonds and other nuts- a great source of good fat.
2. Beans and legumes– a great source of fiber and protein.
3. Spinach, Broccoli, Kale and other green vegetables – a great source of phytonutrients and antioxidants. These super foods also prevent several kinds of cancer. These vegetables contain Vitamin A and Vitamin C; Spinach has Vitamin K while Kale has a high density of calcium – 25% per cup – to help keep bones strong and fight osteoporosis.
4. Milk and Yogurt: Skim milk, low-fat milk, and yogurt are three super foods that keep bones strong and healthy because they have plenty of Vitamins D, K and calcium. But these foods are not just for preventing bone loss. They also can prevent colon cancer, migraines, debilitating symptoms from PMS, and obesity. In addition to the above advantages, yogurt also has the ability to reinforce the immune system because it contains protein, potassium, zinc, and Vitamins B2, B5, and B12.
5. Oatmeal– a great source of fiber and protein.
6. Eggs– a great source of vitamin E and protein.
7. Turkey and other lean meats- a great source of protein.
8. Natural peanut butter– yes, this can be included under #1, but natural peanut butter makes eating nuts easier because you can spread it on wheat bread, bananas, celery, etc.
9. Olive oil– a great source of good fat.
10. Whole Grain Pasta, Rice, and Bread: No matter if it is whole grain pasta, rice, or bread, they all have Vitamins B1, B3, B6, iron, phosphorus, manganese, and tons of dietary fiber. However, to reap the nutritious benefits, these super foods must be completely whole grain and not processed.
11. Extra protein– a great source of protein!
A. Blueberries are yet another of the super foods that prevent many kinds of cancer because of the free radicals it contains. The blueberry is an antioxidant powerhouse, they will not only prevent against cataracts, but also glaucoma, heart disease, peptic ulcers, and varicose veins.
B. Acai Berry also known as a super fruit, is a good source of antioxidants, which include vitamin C and E, and naturally occurring plant chemicals called phytochemicals. With all these healthy ingredients, you are prevented from massive cell damage caused by free radicals, thus, promoting health and wellness
C. Blackberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K1, Manganese. As with all berries, blackberries also contain various health-protective polyphenols. Blackberries show a significant protective effect against LDL-oxidation, a prominent cardiovascular risk factor.
D. Raspberries as other berries are great sources of antioxidants. They have a significant source of Vitamin C. Raspberries have also demonstrated strong anti-carcinogenic properties
E. Gojiberries are composed of 18 essential amino acids, 21 trace minerals, vitamins B1, B2, B6, and E, linoleic acid, selenium, germanium, and more beta carotene than the common carrot
F. Bilberries are known for helping diabetes. It helps to protect the lining of blood vessels from being degenerated through the process of toxic oxidation . Bilberries have also been linked to possessing components that aid in the ability to increase night vision, protect the eyes, and reduce the occurrence of poor vision, cataracts, and macular degeneration
G. Strawberries reduce macular degeneration of the eyes, and are an excellent source of potassium, fiber, many B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, iodine, folate, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and copper. Studies show that strawberries may also help protect the brain with a powerful antioxidant capacity.
H. Cherries are also high in bioflavonoids and other substances that help to protect the lining of blood vessels. They also produce substances related to reducing the joint and muscle discomfort. Cherries also contain melatonin, an important natural chemical related to healthy sleep rhythms and maintaining a youthful appearance.
13. Cantaloupe is one of the most powerful of all the super foods. A quarter of this fruit almost packs in a full daily dose of Vitamin A as well as the beta carotene needed for good vision and cataract prevention. But that is not all; cantaloupe also contains Vitamin C for your immune system and Vitamin B6, fiber, and potassium to reduce your risk of stroke, heart attack, and certain cancers.
14. Tomatoes: Super foods such as tomatoes help us clot blood, and fight against the devastating diseases of breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and heart disease because of its carotenoid lycopene. Other types of nutrients include Vitamins A, C, and K.
15. Sweet potatoes are one of the most delicious of the super foods, but taste is not its only benefit. Sweet potatoes have the ability to fight against emphysema, and they are chock full of vitamins and minerals – Vitamin A, C, and B6, manganese, fiber, copper, iron, and potassium.
16. Salmon is one of the super foods that are great for the heart because it is a great source of protein and omega-3, but very little saturated fat. However, the salmon that you eat should come from the wild instead of a farm because farm raised salmon can have a carcinogenic called PCB that has been shown to cause cancer.
Discover Natural Superfoods For Your Health That Are Inexpensive
Broccoli – Broccoli contains necessary fiber, vitamin C, folic acid, and carotenoids. This super may be bane of many children’s existence but it’s crunchy and nutritious and provides a big dose of disease fighting elements.
Melons – Melons are low calorie, high fiber, and rich in antioxidants. The most interesting thing about melons is that the part that is the best is often the part that is thrown away, the rind. Remember those watermelon rind pickles your Grandmother used to make? Those things are cancer fighters! Dig out the old recipe and add a antique super food to your diet.
Okra– Okra is staple of Caribbean, Creole, and Southern Soul food that has amazing health properties. It is rich in nutrients like calcium, folic acid and vitamin B-6, and is high in fiber. This is a food choice used in blood sugar stabilization and as a way to improve the function of the bowels. Okra is probiotic and helps to heal lung inflammation and ulcers.
Carrots and Sweet Potatoes – These fabulous orange vegetables contain beta-carotene, probably the most studied anti-oxidant in the world! As an anti-oxidant it is a cancer fighter but is particularly good at fighting off lung cancer.
Hot Peppers – Hot peppers are analgesic, anti-inflammatory, heart healthy and cancer fighting fruits that contain capsaicinoids, which you may know as capsaicin. Capsaicin gives these peppers their heat and gives you this wide variety of health promoting qualities. Forget chicken soup! Have a big bowl of chili!
Alliums – Alliums are a family of vegetables that include garlic, onions, shallots, chives and leeks among others. All of these vegetables pack a huge dose of flavonoids that make your liver produce an antioxidant called glutathione. Toxins, carcinogens, and a never-ending variety of viruses are eliminated from your body with this antioxidant.
Citrus – Citrus contains vitamin C, fiber, and folic acid. All of these are antioxidants and necessary vitamins to fight and prevent disease, defects, and aging! The importance of vitamin C as a disease fighter is probably the best known, and citrus fruits have it in abundance.
Curry – curry contains Turmeric which is an antioxidant that controls inflammation. This has been shown to reduce the risk of cancers and brain conditions such as dementia and Alzheimer’s. It is also beneficial for gastrointestinal and circulatory disorders.
Dark Chocolate – dark chocolate not only feeds your cravings, it also packs the highest levels of antioxidants of almost any food! Dark chocolate consumers show a 20% reduced risk of heart disease. Who could reduce resist that?!
Manuka Honey– This is perhaps the most interesting of the super foods as it is also used externally to heal the body as well as being consumed. This African honey has the hydrogen peroxide that all honeys have, but it also contains a second antibacterial component that has been to know to kill even the most stubborn bacteria like MRSA.
Used both internally as a supplement and externally as a salve for wounds, this amazing honey is produced by bees on a plant that is grown in New Zealand. Truly a Super Food!
These tips are good to read but extremely useful if you really practice these tips in your real life. So what’s your problem with foods? You should think about foods based on their calories and energy.
Let’s start with water.
1. Drink Living Water: Everyone needs natural pure water every day. In choosing the right type of water for you and your family, you want to aim for pH balance.
Distilled water is too acidic and alkaline water is too alkaline. The ideal pH of your water should be between 6.5 to 7.5, which is neutral. Mountain spring water is in this ideal range. It is some of the healthiest water on the planet because it is “living water”. Living water, like “living food is in its raw, natural state the way nature intended.
Many people loved soda but you should try to love pure water. Always have some room temperature water on hand. Beside water, what you will always need is a low fat milk on hand.
Remember, low fat milk. And don’t forget to replace your unhealthy snacks (example: chocolate, potato chips) with fruits.. Whenever you are hungry and tempted to eat snacks, you should eat fruits.
2. Do not ever lose touch with reality, whatever you do. It is important for you to always know the reality in front of you. Accepting and living in reality is the foundation of every recovery process. When we have faith in a Power greater than ourselves, we accept the fact that we are no longer in control and that what is happening for us at this time is in our Higher Power’s hands, not ours.
We cannot change the future. When we worry about the future we become anxious, restless, irritable and discontent. When we relive our past we get depressed. Reality is being able to trust others and our Higher Power.
3. Be yourself: Find our your purpose in life and pursue it with a passion. Be your unique self, be natural. Imitation is limitation, so don’t try to be somebody else. Learn from them but be yourself.
4. Always eat when you hungry. I strongly suggest you to always eat in breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Do not skip.
5. Control your emotions. Don’t let emotions control you. Many people when they are frustrated or angry, they eat lots of food. You should not allow foods to come between you and your problem. Here are six proven ways to control your emotion:
- 1. Don’t react right away. Reacting immediately to emotional triggers can be an immense mistake.
- 2. Ask for divine guidance. There is a divine power who is bigger than all our problems, Faith is God can be our saving grace in our darkest moments
- 3. Find a healthy outlet. Now that you’ve managed your emotion, you’ll need to release it in a healthy way. Emotions should never be bottled up.
- 4. See the bigger picture. Every happening of our lives, whether good or bad, serves a higher purpose.
- 5. Replace your thoughts. Negative emotions bind us to recurring negative thoughts, creating cycles of downright negative patterns.
- 6. Forgive your emotional triggers. Your emotional triggers may be your best friend, your family members, yourself or all of the above
5. If you have any questions, ask professionals or your family. Do not hesitate. You are not alone in this world.
6. Don’t cut down too many calories when you eat or your body will start storing anything to replace calories needed by your body.
7. You should not check your weight everyday. Sometimes you will become depressed. Everybody is eager to see the confirmation of his or her efforts in the shape of lost pounds, but you should not let this drive you to checking your weight everyday. The daily fluctuations of your weight will soon have you depressed and ready to quit dieting. And this is something you want to avoid.
8. Gym is good for your health and muscle build but do not go to the gym every day. Your body needs time to heal and expand the muscle mass after each training session.
9. Eat your favourite foods but do not too often. Diets are not prisons. Sometimes you need to eat your own favourite foods, but do not eat too much.
10. You will need willpower. Without “willpower” you will never succeed in your diet plans. But use your logic as well, don’t push yourself too hard.
I'm a health conscious zealot, whose passion and purpose is helping others make better choices in order to experience health, wealth and happiness.
Good vibrant health is nothing but making right choices and the discipline to maintain them.Creating a future by doing things that the average man says is impossible. My medication is only and always my food. I eat to live, not live to eat !!! Adrian A Great Jamaican